Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cover art love

I am in love with the dress pictured on this romance book. Thankfully there was a text-free version on the interwebs, so I could see it without a great big "Sabrina Jeffries" and a book title getting in the way. The colour is a bit different between the two images, particularly the sheen of the dress and the landscape behind the couple.


How to Woo a Reluctant Lady - Cover art by Jon Paul Studios

One of my favourite series also has some of my favourite cover art: The Parasol Protectorate. This steampunk/paranormal/alternate Victorian era comedy of manners extravaganza has covers built around gorgeous photos of a model who closely resembles the heroine. The images are then photoshopped them to include other design elements. Holy cow, is that a technical and tedious process. I bow to graphic designers. Check out the video of the making of the Blameless cover:



These covers are the reason I purchased the paperback editions, not the ebooks. The colour of Alexia's dresses, and the titles, really pop against the misty gray skies, the masonry, and the pyramids.


No comments:

Post a Comment